How To Clean & Restore Timberland Boots Color? [Super Easy Ways]
Timberland boots always add a unique style to your look. Dirty or faded Timberland boots, on the other hand, have a much more negative impact on your personality. So, if you have a pair of Timberland boots whose color has faded or is dirty, you’re at the right place. We are going to discuss how to clean and revive Timberland boots in this article. Stay with us!
Cleaning Your Timberlands:
The first step to restoring Timberland boots’ color is cleaning, which is not a difficult task at all. You don’t need to buy expensive products to clean your boots. Below you will find a couple of methods that require items that you can find easily at home.
Clean Timberland Boots With Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the strongest disinfecting and cleaning agents. It can easily remove all the dirt and permanent stains from your Timberland boots to bring them back to life. Moreover, vinegar is known for being very cheap. You can find it easily at home or on Amazon. The procedure to clean your timberlands with vinegar is very easy. So, let’s talk about how to clean timberlands stains with vinegar in five easy steps.
- Take a toothbrush or a clean towel and remove all the active dust from your boot.
- Now, remove the laces from your boots and wash them separately.
- After, mix one cup of warm water with one tablespoon of vinegar to make the cleaning solution.
- Take a clean cloth or toothbrush, dip it into the solution, and apply the vinegar solution by rubbing it onto your timberland boots in a circular motion.
- Once you’re satisfied that your boot is cleaned, let it dry for at least an hour.
Repeat the process as many times as you want until you are sure they are clean.
Clean Timberland Boots With Soap And Water
Well, vinegar is indeed the best option to clean your Timberland boots. If you, however, cannot find vinegar or the vinegar method doesn’t work, you can use this method. It is an effective and easy method to clean your timberland boots. All you need is a shoe brush, regular dishwashing soap or shampoo, and a rag, and you’re good to go. After you’ve got all these things in hand, follow these steps to clean your Timberland boots.
- Mix two tablespoons of soap or shampoo with three cups of water.
- Take a shoe brush, dip it in the mixture, and apply it to your Timberland boots in a circular motion.
- Apply some pressure and keep doing the process until your timberland boots are completely cleaned.
- Wipe your boots’ surface with a cloth and let them dry in a dry place for at least four hours or overnight if possible.
How To Clean Suede Timberlands?
Suede is a material you need to be extra careful with while applying any product to them as some products can damage suede easily. When it comes to cleaning suede timberland boots, we do not recommend you to try the vinegar method on them. You can, however, try the soap and water method as soap doesn’t have any effect on suede timberland boots. We recommend you to use a suede cleaner instead of soap because suede cleaners are specially made with substances that don’t hurt the suede. You can follow the rest of the steps discussed above to clean your suede timberland boots.
How To Clean Wheat Timberland Boots At Home?
Wheat Timberland boots are a classy pair of boots you can wear to work or any party. They can, however, get dirty easily. The best way to clean wheat timberlands is to use the vinegar method. Although, you can use either of the two methods discussed above. But vinegar methods work well while cleaning wheat timberland boots. The only thing you need to do is to spend some time cleaning your boots. Wheat color attracts more dirt and it can be a bit difficult to wash.
How To Clean Oil Off Timberland Boots?
The oil leaves one of the worse and most permanent stains on your timberland boots. The oil stains on timberland boots are really difficult to clean. If the oil is new, you can try the vinegar method as vinegar has strong disinfecting capabilities. If the stain doesn’t go away with vinegar, you will need to dye or color paint your Timberland boots. We’ll discuss how to dye and how to color paint timberland boots in the next section.
How To Get Rid Of Water Stains On Timberland Boots?
Water stains are not as powerful as oil stains. They can easily be removed with both vinegar and soap and water methods. All you need to do is apply a bit more pressure to the areas where water stains are present. Vinegar or soap will do the rest of the work.
Restoring Your Timberlands:
Well, once you have cleaned your timberland boots with either of the two methods discussed above, now they must be looking like a new pair. But if you have an old pair of timberlands whose color has faded, cleaning them cannot get their original color back. You have to either redye your old timberland boots or color paint them. Let’s talk about how to restore Timberlands boots with both these methods.
Dye Timberland Boots
Redying your timberland boots is one of the most effective options to restore them. Not only does dye give them their old color back, but it also extends their lives. Most people also dye timberland boots to change their color. Yes, you can change the color of your Timberland boots without damaging their original texture. You may not get the dye with the same color as your Timberland boots. So you have to mix two dyes to get your specific color. Keep in mind that the basic rule of mixing two colors also applies here. For example, you can get orange color by mixing yellow and red. Follow these steps to dye your timberlands perfectly.
- Once you have completed the process of cleaning your timberland boots, take a rag or a shoe brush, dip it in the dye and apply it to your Timberland boots.
- While applying the dye, make sure to use the same (horizontal or vertical) direction on both the boots.
- After applying a thin layer, let it dry for at least thirty minutes.
- Apply the second layer in the opposite direction of the first layer.
- Let your timberland boots dry overnight.
- Polish your boots using your regular shoe polish.
Color Paint Your Timberland Boots
Color Painting your Timberland Boots is another great way to change their color and restore them. It is a less time-consuming process as compared to dye. You can easily do it yourself at home. You can use any type of paint, but we would recommend you to use acrylic paint. Because acrylic paint is not water-soluble and it sticks a lot easier than any other paint. Once you choose the paint here is how you can apply it in five easy steps.
- First of all, wrap any part of your Timberland boots whose color you don’t want to change with masking tape.
- Pour the paint on an old plate or bowl.
- Now, take the paintbrush and apply the paint to your Timberland boots in one direction.
- Make sure to use the same direction and even strokes on both the boots.
- After painting your timberland boot, let it dry for four to five hours.
- Once it dried, if you aren’t satisfied with the color, you can apply another coat.
Can I Wash My Timberland Boots In The Washing Machine?
Yes, you can wash your Timberland boots in a low cycle washing machine but if you ask me I will not recommend you to do that. Because most timberland boots are made of nubuck leather and the friction of the boots can easily damage the texture of nubuck leather. You should only wash your boots in the washing machine if you don’t have time or any other option.
How To Make Timberlands Darker?
The best option to darken the color of timberland boots is to dye them. Dye not only makes the color of timberlands darker but also provides them with a new look and thereby increases their life span. You can also use mink oil, which will not only condition the boots but also make them a little darker.
Can You Spray Paint Timberland Boots?
Yes, you can spray paint to change the color of your Timberland boots. It is an easy and less time-consuming way to change the color of your boots. One thing you need to do before spray painting your Timberland boots is to remove their laces. You also need to wrap the parts that you don’t want to paint with masking tape.